Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Impromptu meeting results in awesome jam - Great DJ by the Ting Tings

Meet Katie everyone!

Coming home from work tonight, I bumped into Katie literally outside of the front door of my apartment. Katie is another 3rd of the Corktown Ukettes (this is a working name). We're booked to play at a couple of weddings. If any of you reading wants 3 girls playing the ukulele at their wedding, then get in touch with us.

Katie and I had an impromptu jam on the ukes. We covered quite a few greats songs, but a slow jam of the Great DJ by the Ting Tings was by far the most awesome.

For this track,  Katie is on vocals. I took out my Hagstrom acoustic guitar and Katie played my Kala kitchen uke.  This was probably our third time every playing it, so it needs some polish.

We both thought it turned out pretty freakin' sweet.

Great DJ - Ting Tings Cover by iloveuke

Hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. You two are fabulous. that version was high up on the kickass scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. ;) You smashed that. Love the impromptuness of it all.

    ReplyDelete