Friday, April 30, 2010

Feeling Good - Nina Simone on the Ukulele

I was watching Chuck and at the end of the show the two main characters were lying on the bed listening to Feeling Good by Nina Simone. I had forgotten about that song for a few years.

Hearing it again, my mind said Oh Nina, it sure is a good one, .
There's nothing like Nina Simone's alto voice and minor chords. When I hear the song as she performs it, I wondered if she is really feeling good?

After singing it myself, my interpretation is that it's not meant to be 'feeling good' as in giddy, but rather, feeling present and engaged with all that the world offers. To find the speed in order to sip the beauty around oneself. Walking slowly, with wonder. That's what I need.

Feeling Good - Nina Simone Cover on the Ukulele by iloveuke

No comments:

Post a Comment