Wednesday, February 10, 2010

House of the Rising Sun / Amazing Grace

This is a song that Adam taught me when we were in the hostel band together that included Grace. Our band was called BigAss. Some of my fondest memories were jamming and recording tracks by cassette. Back in the day, I played guitar, but it was the seed that sprouted my love for socializing with music. If I knew to play it then, it would've been on every song of ours. Sometime I'll still sing some of the tunes that Adam and Grace wrote with my uke. Such good songs...Anyway, we used to sing this song when we were in BigAss.

As the story goes, Adam saw it performed on a Jerry Lewis telethon. There was a lady that didn't like the lyrics to the House of the Rising Sun, and so she sang Amazing Grace to the tune of the House of the Rising Sun.

I'm going to take it a step further, mashing up the two songs lyrics. The result is a story of a girl who goes down to New Orleans who has found religion and you get the sense that she's going to do something drastic.

House of the Rising Sun / Amazing Grace by iloveuke

No comments:

Post a Comment